There are a lot of publications and articles about personal power and how each of us, as an individual, is part of the universe. As part of the universe, they say one may attain “Universal Truth” and the attainment of the highest individual human potential. This say this can come from a combination of cosmology, astrology, esotericism, alternative medicine, music, collectivism, sustainability, and nature. This spirituality is characterized by an individual approach to spiritual practices and philosophies, while rejecting religious doctrine and dogma.
I’ve never seen a guidebook or blueprint of how you combine these universal attainments to pursue happiness or fulfillment. It is true that, as individuals, we can attain a self-actualization of our talents, as described in Maslow’s hierarchy of needs. But is this the Universal Truth? We can combine all of the ‘ologies’ above, but is this the Universal Truth? Isn’t there a broad interpretation of Universal Truth and different ways for different folks to embrace it? Or define? Or live it? Who created the universe?
God has made it very simple for us in terms of Universal Truth. In His wisdom and guidance, He has provided a Guidebook and Blueprint for us to find and embrace the Way, the Truth and the Light — God’s Universal Truth.
God, through inspired men, and the Holy Spirit, and in His mercy and wisdom, has made it possible for us to learn about Him. God has passed onto us, his instructions for life and happiness, His laws and His commandments. The universe, which God Himself created, stands silent. Silent. What is beyond the universe? God is. Our Father blessed us with the Bible, His communication with us. His Word. Many people try to undermine it or interpret it differently, or add things to it, or condemn it. If these same people studied the Bible, they would see that it is a masterpiece that fits together unquestionably. All they have to do: is read it. The universe is barren, cold, and limited. God is all encompassing, warm in His Love for us, and unlimited. The universe cannot promise what God promises us.
The Top Ten Reasons To Believe in God:
10. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your heart be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27
9. “The Lord will guide you continually, watering your life when you are dry and keeping you healthy, too.” Isaiah 58:11
8. “For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation.” Psalm 100:5
7. “The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace”.Psalm 29:11
6. “For nothing is impossible with God“. Luke 1:37
5. “Give your burdens to the Lord and he will take care of you.” Psalm 55:22
4. “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us – whatever we ask – we know that we have what we asked of him.” 1 John 5:14-15
3. “He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.” Ecclesiastes 3:11
2. “But remember, that the temptations that come into your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can’t stand up against it. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you will not give in to it.” 1 Corinthians 13
And the top reason to believe in God is because, He promises…..
1. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you.” Jeremiah 29:11
Marie Coppola December 2015